Monday 15 October 2012

Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque

 
 Hi ladies! I hope you've all had a good weekend ? Mine's been pretty busy, I've been giving my room a spring clean (yes I'm aware it's October LOL) and getting rid of any old products and clothes that seemed to be spilling out of my draws, cupboards and wardrobes. It's actually ridiculous how much stuff I have that I don't need, I mean where have I found the time to buy it all ? God knows ! Anyways, as much as I like to give my room a good old clean I love to give my hair a super deep clean even more! So here's a little review on an amazing hair masque I purchased last week......
  
 
  
Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque 500ml- As much as I love my make-up and skin products, hair products are just as important to me, in the past I've worked as a hairdresser so I know a thing or two about how to keep your hair in good nick and make it look like you've just stepped out of the salon everyday! The most important part of a good hair washing routine is a great deep conditioner and I personally love Macadamia's Deep Repair Masque, I'd never tried it before last week and I'd seen so many people rave about it all over the blogging world I felt like it was worth a shot. I'm pretty set in my ways when it comes to hair products and I know what's good quality and what's not, so admittedly I was a little wary of trying something new but I'm really glad I gave this repair masque a go! It arrived in the post two days after placing my order and I decided to try it that night, really you should use hair masques when you're in the bath as it needs to stay on your hair for at least 5-10 minutes and it can be a bit fussy standing in the shower for that long without the formula washing off your hair. The first thing I noticed was the smell it was so refreshing and unique, nothing like any other hair masque I'd used before. Secondly the look of the formula was unusual, it was swirled with shiny pinks and golds it looked really luxurious and rich, I really couldn't wait to smooth it into my hair but just before I did I gave the information a read on the back of the pot. Macadamia use a combination of "Argan Oils, Tea Tree, Chamomile, Aloe and Algae extracts" in their repair masque to help " hair rejuvenation ", I bet you're wondering what any of that has got to do with helping to repair your hair but all of it combined does make a difference! Tea Tree is really good at stripping away excess oils throughout your hair and scalp that can make your hair greasey or limp, Chamomile is great for soothing dry scalps and hair so if you're prone to split ends/sensitive scalps this will really help relieve them and Algae is probably the best ingredient of them all, it holds an array of proteins especially ones that can improve the natural keratin that makes up your hair, although potentially hair is dead it does need some help to keep the follicles smooth to stop your hair from getting to porous/damaged and algae holds the key to solve those problems. So after approving the ingredients, I scooped a good plum sized amount of product into my palm and worked it into my roots and right down to the tips of my hair, then gently combed the conditioner through, the texture was quite sticky at first put when it mixed with my damp hair it became softer and more pliable. Lastly, all I did was wait, as I said before make sure you do this in the bath so you can sit back, relax and let the hair masque work its magic. 10 minutes later I was ready to wash it off, I suggest using a shower head to make sure you thoroughly wash out all the formula and preferably turn the temperature down to cool so the pores on your scalp can close up, this will also give your hair a beautiful shine. After washing the masque off I could immediately feel how soft my hair had become and I was really eager to find out what it would feel like once dry, after applying some heat spray I grabbed a round brush and my hair dryer then slowly worked through my locks and I was delighted, my hair felt soft, my ends looked smooth and there was an undeniable shine I didn't even need to apply any finishing serum to stick down any fly aways, I was in hair heaven ! The main thing I benefited from was the fact the masque protected my hair from humidity, as soon as there's a smidgen of dampness in the air the very ends of my barnett seem to frizz a little :'( but this was non existent thank to the repair masque HURRAY! If you do decide to invest in this wonder masque I would say you should only need to use it 1 to 2 times a week depending on how oily your hair is and you'll see some serious changes after the first use plus its great for coloured hair as it's really mild and Macadamia repair masque is great for bleached hair too as it can diminish brittle ends. I purchased the 500ml pot from feelunique.com for £31.25, obviously there's loads of product and I can see it lasting for a long time hence why I went with the larger pot but you can get smaller amounts for cheaper if you're not up to spending that much :) I'm defiantly sticking with this Macadamia Deep Repair Mask as it has absolutely blown all my other deep conditioners out the water ! I highly recommend it and if it doesn't help improve the shine or softness of your hair I'll eat my own socks ! ;)
 
 
Leave your comments ! I love reading them :)
 
twitter: elzmac_XX
 
El Mac
 
XOXOXO


5 comments:

  1. i'm sooo tempted to try this after reading your review! i'm so in love wth my moroccan oil mask though..Have you tried the morccan oil mask? Just thought you might be able to compare the two and help me make up my mind!
    Thank you!
    Keep posting

    helen
    flawlesskisses.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen ! yeah I've got the moroccan oil masque too, that's what I've always used in the past but I don't love the smell or texture , personally I felt a noticeable difference after using macadamia and it basically has the same ingredients but its much richer and the smell is so lovley !
      XxxX

      Delete
  2. Hi Helen ! yeah I've got the moroccan oil masque too, that's what I've always used in the past but I don't love the smell or texture , personally I felt a noticeable difference after using macadamia and it basically has the same ingredients but its much richer and the smell is so lovley !
    XxxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Id love to give this a try...it looks like it would smelly yummy too!
    Now i just need to try and get my hands on it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's really worth trying it ! my hairs never been in such good condition :)
      xx

      Delete